Watch Out for Fake Practice Tests for the SAT & ACT
<![CDATA[Maybe you’ve received a flier for a free practice test offered at the public library or your child’s school. The test is sponsored by a test prep company and seems like a good idea. What you don’t know is that many of the practice SAT & ACT tests offered by companies to help you study — are fake. Don’t fall for fake tests! Taking a full-length practice test before registering for the actual exam is a great idea. But you need to make sure the practice tests you are taking are legit… and will actually help you study effectively for the ACT and SAT. In this episode of “The College Prep Podcast,” we will work through:
- What advertisements to watch out for so you don’t get bamboozled by fake practice tests
- Legitimate methods for taking practice tests
- Creative ways to get your teen to take “kitchen table” tests proctored by you
- How to get a baseline result
- Whether or not the PSAT will be helpful for you to take
- and more!