How to Use Social Media in Your College Search
Listen in as We Learn:
- How to use LinkedIn to research whether colleges you’re considering will really help you get the kinds of jobs you think you want, and
- The power of forming real-life relationships with professionals in careers students are interested in.
Search by College:There are many tips in the full episode; however, if you want the quick version:
- Go to LinkedIn and search for a college of your choice.
- On the left navigation bar, click on “Alumni”.
- You will then see high level information about where alumni live and work.
- You can filter based on year (in the top bar). This will allow you to see where their recent grads are employed. Or
- You can filter by location, major, or job. (To filter by major or job, you’ll need to click the “Next” button.)
Search by Company:You can also start your search with a particular company, maybe one you would love to work for or one with which you are invited to interview. Similar to the college search but with the emphasis on the company, you can:
- Type in the name of a specific company in the main LinkedIn search bar.
- Click on people on the left navigation.