How Many AP Classes Should a Student Take?
How many AP classes should a student take?School limitations:
- Number of AP classes offered at your high school
- Are there limits on the number of AP classes a student can take
- Students should be able to balance AP classes with activities and other courses
- It is important to show high achievement in AP classes. A “C” or “D” in and AP class may be a sign a student is overloaded academically.
- There is a personal limit where students can balance achievement with challenging classes
- High scores on AP exam may eliminate the need to take that course in college
- High school AP teachers may be more accessible and better teachers than college professors.
- Using AP credit to exempt from introductory classes in some fields of study may hurt a student’s academic success in college.