One Day ACT / SAT Crash Courses
- Do you have a high school junior looking to fit test prep into an already busy schedule?
- Do you want a better ACT or SAT score without the commitment of a long prep class?
Our one day Crash Course will help!
Get all the top strategies and add points to your ACT or SAT score in one day. We offer crash courses for both the ACT and SAT– focus on one test at a time! No matter which test you choose to prep for you will leave with…
- Overview of the test and scoring policy
- Exact number of problems you need to answer correctly to earn your goal score
- List of commonly tested grammar errors for English (ACT) / Writing (SAT)
- Specific rules for punctuation questions
- Easy to apply strategies for grammar organization and evidence questions
- Short list of must have math formulas to memorize before the test
- Common math shortcuts and examples problems
- The number one strategy for reading
- Suggested order for answering reading questions
- Time saving techniques for science (ACT only)
- Simple strategy to monitor pacing as you manage the answer sheet throughout the test
- And more…
- All strategies are clearly explained in the class workbook, so you can continue to review and practice after the class
- Leave with 2 full-length official practice tests (and scoring guides)
- Entire session is taught by Megan Dorsey a nationally recognized test prep expert. Megan’s high energy and expertise will help students leave with the confidence they need to apply new skills.
We have changed the delivery format for the Crash Course starting with the December 2022 exams.
The Crash Course (SAT & ACT) available on demand and we are adding monthly Q&A! When you register you will get:
- Immediate access to the Crash Course on video
- Class workbook
- Practice tests
- Dates & login information for our monthly Zoom Q&A sessions
This means you don’t have to wait for us to schedule a course and you can have more time to ask questions and review if you choose to retake the exam.
Cost & Location
- Crash Course tuition is due in full when you register. Tuition is non-refundable.
- Tuition is required for each attendee.
- I will provide the essential content and strategies for score improvements; students need to commit additional time outside of class to practice and master the material. — In other words, I’m providing top notch coaching and information NOT magic pixie dust. Students need to put what they learn to use.
What to Expect
The crash course is an intensive morning of information. Megan will provide a brief overview of the designated test and how each section is scored. Then students will learn specific strategies for each graded portion. Individual problems will be used as examples for different techniques, but this crash course is not a glorified practice test. Students should expect to listen, take notes, work occasional sample problems, and ask questions. Yes, we know the class seems long; it can be difficult to focus on dense material for an extended period of time. (But this is what students are expected to do on the actual exams!)
Our goal is to equip students with the information they need to earn more points. The Crash Course format allow busy students to glean the essential elements from our full test prep class and practice those skills on their own schedule. You get:
- Expert instruction
- In far less time than a traditional course
- A class workbook with all the strategies and ideas clearly outlined
- Two full-length official practice tests to work at home
- Confidence to approach your next ACT