One Day ACT / SAT Crash Courses
Do you have a high school junior looking to fit test prep into an already busy schedule?
Do you want a better ACT or SAT score without the commitment of a long prep course?
Our one day Crash Course will help.
Get all the top strategies and add points to your ACT or SAT score in just one day!
We offer crash courses for both the ACT and SAT – focus on one test at a time. No matter which test you choose to prep for you will leave with:
- Overview of the test and scoring policy
- Exact number of problems you need to answer correctly to earn your goal score
- List of commonly tested grammar errors for English (ACT) / Writing (SAT)
- Specific rules for punctuation questions
- Easy to apply strategies for grammar organization and evidence questions
- Short list of must have math formulas to memorize before the test
- Common math shortcuts and examples problems
- The number one strategy for reading
- Suggested order for answering reading questions
- Time saving techniques for science (ACT only)
- Simple strategy to monitor pacing as you manage the answer sheet throughout the test
- And more…
- All strategies are clearly explained in the class workbook, so you can continue to review and practice after the class
- Leave with 2 full-length official practice tests (and scoring guides)
- Entire session is taught by Megan Dorsey a nationally recognized test prep expert. Megan’s high energy and expertise will help students leave with the confidence they need to apply new skills.
2020-21 Crash Course Schedule
Crash Course classes meet from 9:00 am – 12:30 pm unless noted
|ACT Crash Course Dates*||SAT Crash Course Dates*|
For the Feb 6 ACT – Saturday, January 23
For the March 13 SAT — Saturday, February 20
For the April 17 ACT – Saturday, March 27
For the May 8 SAT – Saturday, April 24
Cost & Location
Cost: $350 per student
Note: a limited number of early bird discounts will be offered. The minimum number of students needed to hold class is 6 and the maximum class size is 26.
Location: Greatwood Recreation Center (near Hwy 59 & Grand Parkway)
Spring 2021 COVID Update: We want to offer spring classes in-person. As long as the COVID risk in Fort Bend County is yellow or below, classes will meet in person with students seated at their own 8 foot tables and all participants wearing masks. If the COVID threat level in Fort Bend County is orange or red, classes will meet on Zoom. (Students who have Zoom classes will be given bonus content.)
Registration will be available approximately 4 weeks prior to each course.
*** Early Bird Pricing: register before Jan 1, 2021 and pay only $250 for the $350 course! ***
- Crash Course tuition is due in full when you register. Tuition is non-refundable, but IS transferable.
- The course has 26 spots only. Once the class fills, others will be turned away.
- Tuition is required for each attendee.
- I will provide the essential content and strategies for score improvements; students need to commit additional time outside of class to practice and master the material. In other words, I’m providing top notch coaching and information NOT magic pixie dust. Students need to put what they learn to use.
Our Strategies Work
We help everyone from struggling test takers to students trying to earn a perfect score. Success is helping each student meet his or her individual score goals.
I checked my ACT scored online today and I got a composite score of 29! That’s without the writing score.
These are my scores:
|32 – English, up from 27|
|31 – Math, up from 26|
|27 – Reading, up from 21|
|25 – Science, up from 21|
That’s quite an improvement from a score of 24! Thank you so much and I will definitely let you know when I get my SAT scores.
Thank yuou so much for your email, and you are AMAZING! Douglas was pretty excited about his results, so with the confidence you are giving him, I hope he will realize his abilities and not focus on his shortcomings – sitting day after day with boys in the 90-95 percentile can make one feel a bit “dumb”.
Thanks again. Douglas improved from a 22 to a 27. Then he retook the ACT and scored a 29!!!
Jasmine got her ACT scores back, she made the composite “17” we were hoping she would make to get into one of the colleges of her choice…yay!!! Thank you for your assistance. 17 is nothing to SHOUT about…but for us we are SHOUTING!!! LOL
What to Expect
The crash course is an intensive morning of information. Megan will provide a brief overview of the designated test and how each section is scored. Then students will learn specific strategies for each graded portion.
Individual problems will be used as examples for different techniques, but this crash course is not a glorified practice test. Students should expect to listen, take notes, work occasional sample problems, and ask questions.
Yes,we know the class seems long; it can be difficult to focus on dense material for an extended period of time. (But this is what students are expected to do on the actual exams!)
Our goal is to equip students with the information they need to earn more points. The Crash Course format allow busy students to glean the essential elements from our full test prep class and practice those skills on their own schedule.
- Expert instruction
- In far less time than a traditional course
- A class workbook with all the strategies and ideas clearly outlined
- Two full-length official practice tests to work at home
- Confidence to approach your next ACT
More Happy Clients
I just wanted to give you an update on my daughter, Claire. Claire took your ACT test prep class at the end of the last school year. She just took the test for the thir (and final) time in October, and she was able to raise her ACT score from a 28 to a 32. Claire and I both really believe that your class prepared her very well for the tets and was a huge reason for her success. I just wanted to thank you once again for all of your great help and advice. Please let us know if there is anywher for us to write a recommendation for your class — we would be happy to share our experience with others.
We’ve receiced Weston’s preliminary ACT sores. His composite score is 33. We think that’s pretty good, (thanks to your course!) He’s planning n TAMU and their admissions info says they want ACT score of 30 and above so he’s exceeded the 30…Thanks for all your help!
Hi! I wanted to follow up with you about Brandon. He got a 34 on the ACT on this last attempt, so thank you so much!!! He kept getting 32, but he scored high in the differnt subjects on the different tests he took, so we thought if he could just put the high scores together on one test, he could increase his score. He did it, and he is so happy. Thank you.