Improve your test scores and get into the college of your dreams.
Top scores, like great grades, are no accident. They are the result of preparation and planning. We have helped thousands of students prepare for the SAT, PSAT, and ACT and we are ready to help YOU!
Every student is different and we offer a variety of programs to meet your needs.
Sugar Land SAT & ACT Classes
Megan teaches class in her hometown of Sugar Land, Texas. Most classes meet once a week leading up to the ACT or SAT. Click here to see schedules and additional information.
Private SAT / ACT Tutoring
Megan will work with you personally via phone, Skype, or in person in your Sugar Land / West Houston area home. We start with our regular course curriculum and create a personalized program tailored to your needs, time frame, and score goals.
Because we are able to include more focused instruction than in our standard class, private or small group tutoring may be ideal for students with extremely high or low scores, or students who need to focus more on one section of the test than the others. Prices and details here.
The College Prep Difference
Test prep programs are not the same. We are a boutique college prep company that specializes in college entrance exams. Here’s how our programs are different:
- Exclusive focus on college admissions exams (ACT, PSAT & SAT only.) We don’t offer classes for every exam under the sun. We specialize so you can get focused, up to date, concentrated help for the test you need.
- Expert instruction. Our classes are taught by certified professionals with years of experience. Megan Dorsey teaches many classes and closely supervises all instructors. We are NOT giving you a college kid trained to teach from a workbook or a school teacher looking to pick up extra cash by tutoring. Everyone on the College Prep team is a test prep expert; we know the exams, how to improve scores, and how to effectively teach teens.
- A program designed by a national expert. All course materials were developed and revised by College Prep’s founder, Megan Dorsey, a nationally recognized expert in the field of test preparation. Megan was a former SAT grader and is incredibly knowledgable in test content. She combines that with over 20 years of test prep experience and graduate work in testing, psychology, and learning styles to offer a program that delivers results.
- Class structure that mirrors the test. You won’t find classes divided by subject here. Each prep class or tutoring session combines reading, writing, math, (science for ACT), and test taking strategies. The ACT & SAT demand students switch from one subject to another in a matter of seconds, so we do the same.
- Intentional time for practice and mastery. We understand learning theory and brain science (and everyday experience with students) and we know that learning the material is not enough. Students must have time to absorb, practice, and master the content and strategies before taking the ACT or SAT. This is why you won’t see us offer any quick cram classes.
- Exclusive use of official test materials. The ACT & SAT / PSAT demand attention to the slightest details. Companies that use mock exams written by their corporate publishing department are giving you the testing equivalent of a knock-off handbag. We rely on official tests so our students practice with authentic materials before taking the real exam.