I’ve had a lot of requests for a traditional test prep class for the fall PSAT / SAT. While we are still experiencing some challenges with test cancelations, I know some students don’t feel they can wait. I will be offering a live (on Zoom) prep class for the October PSAT / November SAT.
What you receive:
I will be teaching the regular course curriculum in 8 two-hour sessions. This is exactly what I would teach if we were in the classroom together. Students will have the same class materials and the same expectations for participation and homework.
Picture my regular prep class, just on Zoom. I will work problems on my whiteboard. Students will ask questions. From time to time, I will divide the group into pairs to discuss problems. This will be an interactive class where participation is required.
Part of the value of a prep class is the forced accountability. (The same reason I’ve hired a trainer at the gym!) In order to offer the same level of connection, accountability, and motivation, I’m asking for all students to
- Attend sessions with their cameras on so I can see them and we can have class discussion
- Sign in with the name they are known by (no goofy names) and
- Avoid potential distractions (no silly backgrounds, stay off other media in class, etc.)
- Actively participate during class
- Complete assigned homework and
- Ask questions
Classes meet on Zoom every Sunday from 6:00 – 8:00 pm Central.
- September 13
- September 20
- September 27
- October 4
- October 11 [the PSAT is scheduled for Wed., Oct 14]
- October 18
- October 25
- November 1 [students are encouraged to take the Nov. 7 SAT]
Students will receive a full set of class materials including a strategies workbook and copy of “The Official SAT Study Guide.” Local students will be given an opportunity to pick up materials; out of town students can opt to use digital copies or pay shipping to receive a physical set of books.
Because I know some students feel the online delivery option is challenging, I’m offering bonuses, so students can get personalized help before their PSAT / SAT and families can feel confident investing in a prep course at this time.
All students will receive these bonuses:
- Three bonus Q&A sessions — this is free extra help and an opportunity to ask questions
- Two 30-minute personal consultation sessions— students can perfect their individual testing strategy or get help with college applications (my one-hour consultations cost $250!)
- A $200 discount! (Regular classes are $745 and this session only will be $545.)
Like the traditional in-person classes, I want to limit the number of students, so I can get to know each one and offer personalized attention. This class will be have no more than 25 students. Just like in-person classes, we need a minimum of 6 students to offer the course.
6 min has been met / 25 max
The cost of the course is $545. (Because I am already offering a $200 discount, no additional discounts can be applied.)
To register for a space in the course, you need to pay a $100 non-refundable deposit. We will turn away students when the course reaches capacity which is why your deposit is non-refundable. (Of course, if we don’t reach the minimum of 6 students, we will return your deposit. In the last 15 years of teaching prep classes, I’ve only had to do this a couple times.)
The balance of your course payment is due by the first day of class. You can pay by cash or check (when picking up materials) or online by Venmo, Zelle, PayPal, or credit card.
Registration opens now and you can sign up between now and noon on Friday, September 11.
If you have questions about the course, please ask.