Can You Trust College Rankings?
- Why do students leave a college after freshman year? Could there be an explanation that doesn’t reflect poorly on the university? (money, lack of maturity, job offers)
- Is this a school were students are likely to attend for a year or two then transfer?
- Is the six-year graduation rate a reflection of the university, the students, or both?
- Do you believe higher SAT scores will mean the students are more informed and academically prepared?
- Is a student with a 680-R, 670-M on the SAT significantly less prepared for college than the student with a 740-R, 780-M?
- Is the person who graduates in the top 30% of a competitive high school less academically prepared than the person who graduated in the top 5% from a lax school?
- If last year University X admitted 20% of its applicants (1000 out of 5000 who applied) and this year they increase their marketing and get 10,000 students to apply, but still accept only 1000 (or 10%), had the school’s academics improved?