Many families assume that AP, IB and Dual Credit Courses will help them get ahead and save money in college. However, this is not always the case.
Listen to this episode of “The College Prep Podcast” as I outline how these higher level higher school classes in high school will — and won’t! — benefit you when you get to college.
Specifically, we’ll walk you through:
- The limitations of taking AP, IB and Dual Credit courses, including what can transfer where and what scores are needed,
- Before taking these classes, how to establish your goals to you’re clear why you are taking them, and whether those reasons are realistic
- How to research the credit by exam policies at the colleges on your list, so you know in advance which courses will count towards college credit and which won’t
- When to meet with an academic advisor to help determine which credits you should “cash in”, and
- The importance of remember these programs are part of a complete academic plan, and not the “be all and end all” of your college career.
Listen to the full episode here: (click here to play)
If you still have questions, please reach out to schedule a consultation with me or register for one of our online college admissions courses.
You can also find The College Prep Podcast on popular platforms such as